Potty Power
It all started with a wonderful video titled Potty Power. It's a short movie about learning to say good-bye to diapers and becoming a big kid that uses the potty. Shortly after Claire's 2nd birthday, I turned my focus to getting Lucas to sleep, which meant staying at home as much as we could. I figured that since we were going to be confined to the house, why not give potty training a try. Thanks to this movie, she had been interested in going on the potty for months. We made a trip to the store and bought all of the supplies. Based on her excitement, I figured it was prime time. We got started right away, a sticker for each success, a prize for each completed row of stickers. In less than 2 weeks, she filled my sticker chart and had earned all of the little prizes. I'm still amazed at this! It didn't take long before the stickers lost their appeal though and we had to move onto M&Ms as incentives. Now, after using the potty at church, I've been told she yells, "Chocolate", as she walks back to her classroom. A little Carrie in the making. :)


Comments
Post a Comment