Girl's Weekend


A couple weeks ago I got to take a weekend off from diaper wrestling and sippy cup filling to attend the annual Girl's Getaway on Lake Michigan with some friends. I was excited for us all to meet up since Melissa was going to reveal her big secret to everyone else that baby #2 was on the way and was completely surprised when Beth said that she was expecting too! With Kristie also being pregnant, we kept the weekend pretty low-key and had a great time catching up with one another, eating good food (that I didn't have to prepare!) and playing games. It was so relaxing to visit the spa and go wine tasting. I didn't think that I liked wine until Amy and Kristen helped me select the sweeter wines that are more my taste. I had such a wonderful time, but I had a tough time driving the speed limit home. I couldn't wait to see my family! Lucas greeted me with a great big smile and some sleepy cuddles.

A fabulous place for lunch

The whole crew inside the Bentwood Tavern

Amy, Melissa and I at the chocolate shop

The Round Barn Winery

Comments

Popular Posts