tRiCk Or TrEaT

We kicked off our Halloween festivities with some pumpkin carving and when I say "we" I mean Adam and the kids.  I opted for a hot bath and came downstairs just in time to see the finished products.  Adam says that Lucas wasn't too sure about getting all gooey, but Claire had no qualms about it.   



A month before Halloween, Claire had already decided that she wanted to be Abby Cadabby this year.  Every day of October she asked, "Is it Halloween yet?"  Needless to say, she was very excited to get dressed in her costume and go trick or treating.  Lucas, however, wasn't excited about any of it.  As you look through the pictures in this post, you may be thinking that I'm showing a little favoritism, but that isn't really true.  It's just that Lucas wasn't interested in participating in Halloween all that much so there wasn't anything to take a picture of except for a cranky little party pooper.  A week prior to Halloween, we were invited to go trick or treating in downtown Milford with our friends the Allors and the Carnes - and their adorable baby girls!  With no time to lose, I got to work spiffing up Claire's Abby Cadabby costume that had already gotten plenty of use and by that I mean she wore it at least one day a week for the last several months.  A strand of elastic and more yards of tulle that I care to admit later, we had a lovely tutu, a much classier wand than Abby ever laid her hands on, and a pretty little hair poof.  She absolutely LOVED it....and so did I!  Until an hour into standing in lines along the streets of Milford in which she proclaimed, "I want this off!"  At least she was still willing to put it on again on Halloween.     



Lucas wouldn't wear the monkey or the Elmo costumes we had on hand for him.  So, on Halloween we dressed him as a doctor, which is what Claire was last year.  He was quite used to wearing the stethoscope and doctor garb since we still play doctor nearly everyday and didn't object to it.  We went to our old neighborhood and had a good time catching up with our old neighbors.  And the kids scored enough candy to insure a healthy vegetable intake for the following month.  Everybody wins!

Comments

Popular Posts