Bittersweet Move
Even though there aren't any posts from March and April these months were anything but uneventful. We put our little blue house up for sale and, in a whirlwind of a week, it showed seven times. Within ten days we accepted an offer and started making arrangements to move out in one month. The speed of the whole process really took us by surprise and we didn't have the time to meticulously search for the next place we would call home.
By mid-May we were settled into a new house and even though we know this place is temporary, it's already starting to feel like home. I credit that to the fact that all the important things haven't changed. The things that we brought with us fit the existing colors of the house just right. In fact, the living areas have almost the exact same paint color as our old house.
The move was definitely easiest on Chloe. She spends more time chasing squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits in the fenced in yard than doing anything else. It wasn't until just before we brought her to the vet a few weeks ago that I realized how much weight she has lost. He had wanted us to get her down a pound or so and apparently all we needed was a yard for her to run around loose.
I was most worried about how Claire would handle such a huge change. Thankfully, it didn't seem to interrupt her days or nights much at all. I'm sure it helped that we quickly discovered a park that is the perfect size for us. We have been visiting it a few times a week for the last couple months. The backyard is also a great place for the kids to wear themselves out and play in the kiddie pool. I don't have many complaints about this new house. I could stand a bit more space in the kitchen, dining, and living room, but the rest of the house is just right.
The kids were surprisingly compliant throughout the packing phase
By mid-May we were settled into a new house and even though we know this place is temporary, it's already starting to feel like home. I credit that to the fact that all the important things haven't changed. The things that we brought with us fit the existing colors of the house just right. In fact, the living areas have almost the exact same paint color as our old house.
Saying Good-bye. These pictures were taken the day we left the little blue for the very last time.
I was most worried about how Claire would handle such a huge change. Thankfully, it didn't seem to interrupt her days or nights much at all. I'm sure it helped that we quickly discovered a park that is the perfect size for us. We have been visiting it a few times a week for the last couple months. The backyard is also a great place for the kids to wear themselves out and play in the kiddie pool. I don't have many complaints about this new house. I could stand a bit more space in the kitchen, dining, and living room, but the rest of the house is just right.
Enjoying the great summer weather at our new favorite park




Comments
Post a Comment