Happy Easter!
The day before Easter I was excited to color eggs with Claire. Adam took Claire for a quick Meijer trip while I got everything ready and Lucas down for a nap. They returned with a few items that weren't on the grocery list. Buzz, Woody and Bullseye toys from her favorite movie "Toy Story". Needless to say, she was more interested in her toys than the eggs, but what can you expect from an almost 2 year old?
Claire and I coloring eggs. Her technique was to just put them all in. Most of the cups had 2 at a time.
We made a trip to Tecumseh to celebrate Easter with Adam's family this year. Surprisingly, the morning went exactly as scheduled. We arrived to the church in plenty of time to get the kids dressed in their color-coordinated outfits and get a seat before all the good ones were taken. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that family pictures must be taken the moment everyone is dressed. Before I had a chance to snap a single picture Claire peed on the bottoms of her dress and Luke made a mess of his clothes AND Adam's.
Following the church service, we went to the Rajala house to spend time visiting with Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Kelsey, and Bella. Of course, Grandma had a delicious meal for all of us too. Claire had a great time participating in her first Easter egg hunt. Our sweet little girl collected the eggs and immediately gave them to Bella. Amid the chaos of the day, I did manage to find a few minutes here and there to reflect on the true meaning of the day and thank Jesus for making the ultimate sacrifice.
We made a trip to Tecumseh to celebrate Easter with Adam's family this year. Surprisingly, the morning went exactly as scheduled. We arrived to the church in plenty of time to get the kids dressed in their color-coordinated outfits and get a seat before all the good ones were taken. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that family pictures must be taken the moment everyone is dressed. Before I had a chance to snap a single picture Claire peed on the bottoms of her dress and Luke made a mess of his clothes AND Adam's.
Following the church service, we went to the Rajala house to spend time visiting with Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Kelsey, and Bella. Of course, Grandma had a delicious meal for all of us too. Claire had a great time participating in her first Easter egg hunt. Our sweet little girl collected the eggs and immediately gave them to Bella. Amid the chaos of the day, I did manage to find a few minutes here and there to reflect on the true meaning of the day and thank Jesus for making the ultimate sacrifice.




Comments
Post a Comment