Easter

I know this is a little late and Easter was over a month ago, but I want to make sure Claire's first Easter gets documented. Yesterday, I discovered how valuable keeping up with the blog can be when I went to fill in Claire's baby book. I hadn't added anything since she was 4 months old and we all know that A LOT has happened since that time. Thankfully, I was able to reference the blog to fill in every first that she has accomplished so far - with a little help from my texting history since I keep daddy completely up to date.

We met G&G Rajala and Aunt Kelsey in Jackson for dinner Friday night to celebrate Easter and Grandma's birthday. Claire had a great time waving to the old man sitting at the next table over and playing with Grandpa's mustache, but that was the extent of her socializing. Not wanting anyone else to hold her, Adam and I passed her back and forth until we had both managed to eat our dinners. Unfortunately, we didn't get to visit long before having to race home to get Claire to bed. We were over an hour behind and that night we learned that missing bedtime results in severe punishment. She hardly slept at all that night - and neither did we. However, we managed to get up at a decent time and head out to Sterling Heights. Sunday, we went to church with my parents, Uncle David, and Aunts Ruth, Jill and Becky. Claire had a wonderful time talking and waving to the other babies dressed in their Sunday best. It was so cute to walk into the cry room and see all these little ones interacting with each other from a distance.

After church, we scrambled to get all the food together and visited with Great Grandma Majeski. Mommy really enjoyed Easter brunch since she could eat whatever she wanted. Aunt Jill even made cheesecake just for her,but she shared it, of course. Claire received 3 gifts from Great Grandma for Easter: posters of Strawberry Shortcake. She absolutely loved them all and is still playing with them all the time. As always, we enjoyed visiting with everyone.

Unfortunately, this is how all pictures with grandparents will look until Claire finally gets over her separation anxiety. (Sorry, mom and dad)

Comments

Popular Posts